Fashion Trend Workshops with Marlena Woolford and FashionCapital
Workshop 1 – Wed, 31st October 2012
Fashion Trends – the True Story with Trends for Spring/Summer 2013 and Autumn/Winter 2013/2014 – Hands on Workshop
- What are fashion trends?
- Where do they come from?
- Selected macro- and micro-trends for s/s 2013 and for a/w 2013/2014
- How to use trends to develop a better product and for improving your marketing
- How can trends help designers fuel the creative process and drive the success of a collection? Alternatively can an over –reliance on trends actually kill creativity?
- How trend forecasting companies work and how can we use the results of their work?
The seminar aims at casting some light on the subject and helping designers to understand trends, find new ways of looking at them and use them in their work to become more successful.
Workshop 2 Wed, 21st November 2012 & March 2013, exact dates tbc
Making it Happen – Start, Implementation, Continuation and Readjusting
Making it Happen part 2 (Intermediate) – Strategy and Business Plan
The seminar is aimed both at those that participated in Making it Happen part 1 and those that know the basics and would like to learn more.
The seminar will include 3 elements:
- Motivational – how to motivate yourself and others around you to run a successful business day after day
- Case studies – examples from the fashion industry
- Developing your business – short refresher from Making it Happen part 1 seminar + more advanced aspects of building and creating your business
- Vision, mission, objective
- How to evolve and develop your strategy
- Competitiveness – how to build competitive advantage
- Your product
- USP – unique selling proposition/unique selling point
- Fashion market
- Your stakeholders
- Setting your price
The workshop will help you to improve your business and; should you need or wish to, write a business plan (a template will be provided)
How to Create a Successful Brand? – Wed, 29th November 2012 & March 2013, exact dates tbc
- What is a brand?
- How to create a successful brand?
- Brand and consumer loyalty – how to create and manage your brand to gain loyal consumers that will buy from you on a regular basis
- Case Studies from the most successful Fashion Brands
How to Communicate effectively and what are the newest solutions in marketing communication for fashion? March 2013, exact dates tbc
- What is communication?
- Who to communicate to?
- How to communicate?
- Modern ways of communication (offline and online communication, social media, twitter, videos, new sites and programs, new channels of communicating etc) and the newest solutions.
- Case studies from the industry.
What does it mean to be Successful in the Fashion Industry? Real examples from the industry.
- What is success (money, satisfaction, fun, fame, recognition ….)?
- What can help us to become successful?
- What can we do to be more successful?
Case studies from the Fashion Industry (looking at famous designers and companies – what was their story, what they did right and what we can learn from it).