PR Assistant Job Profile
December 16, 2018 - December 16, 2018
Find out the typical duties requirements and opportunities of a PR Assistant”¦
As a PR assistant, you will help create and manage positive public perceptions of their clients. While the targeted group depends on the type of client, a PR assistant will help maintain affirmative relationships between the client and other businesses, employees, investors, legislators, customers, or other communities. As an entry-level employee, a PR assistant will support all members of the agency or firm in the day-to-day functions of media relations and the satisfaction of client needs.
- Keep calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.) and media lists
- Participate in brainstorming and planning sessions
- Assist in organizing and execution of events, campaigns etc.
- Conduct research to support PR planning
- Draft and distribute content such as newsletters and releases
- Edit videos and presentations as assigned
- Support relations with stakeholders, media, vendors etc.
- Assist in tracking media coverage or PR metrics (e.g. web analytics)
- Invent ways to streamline communication and plan execution
- Undertake general administrative and clerical duties
- Proven experience as PR assistant or similar position
- Outgoing and Confident
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Knowledge of video production and editing
- Willingness to follow industry trends and current methods
- Well organised and able to keep to deadlines