DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR MARKS & SPENCER?
Fashion Enter is delighted to confirm that Marks & Spencer is set to hire a second cohort of apprentices to work alongside the technical team.
The role of Technical Apprentice is to provide effective support to the Departmental Lead Technologists, Technologists and Assistant Technologists, whilst simultaneously training for a Level 3 qualification on the Fashion and Textiles Apprenticeship programme.
The Apprenticeship programme is a unique combination of training and career specific work experience in which the apprentice works with one employer for the entire course therefore providing an opportunity for both the employer and the individual to develop a long and sustainable relationship.
Natalie Hurst-Knight, one of the first Level 3 Fashion & Textile apprentices with M&S, says:
“I spoke to Jenni Sutton at Fashion Enter who contacted me regarding apprenticeships and she mentioned the Marks & Spencer’s apprenticeship. I really wanted it as it was so hands-on and it was exactly what I’d been looking for.
“Every day is exciting and challenging, I’ve found a career path that suits my learning style and from which I can build my future career.”
The Level 3 apprenticeship is a 13 unit course covering pre-production, production and the post production within fashion manufacturing.
The apprentice will learn about legislation and how this impacts on the garments being produced, what quality is and how this impacts on design, production and sales, fibres and fabrics, production processes, manufacturing techniques, specification, market research and participate in a comp shop. Optional units include production planning, making a garment and anatomical and flat measuring.
We are now recruiting for this exciting and unique opportunity with high street giant Marks & Spencer. Please see below for the job description and how to apply, the deadline for applications is Friday 11th December 2015. Please note to join the apprenticeship programme you must be aged 16 – 24 years old and cannot already have a degree.
Technical Apprentice –Technology Job Profile
GM Business Units
To provide effective support to the Departmental Lead Technologists, Technologists and assistant technologists
Scope of the role
Technical administration support for BU technical teams
Key Accountabilities and Measures
• Understanding the role of spec packs and contracting information.
• Provide accurate RTM and customer feedback reporting.
• Support department Technologist with fit and colour approval process where required.
• Support stock inspection and due diligence processes where required and Liaise with the Fire wall and Technical services team.
• Collate and supply quality information to Buying Units, Sourcing Offices and key suppliers.
• Responsible for the Innovation Hub, liaising with suppliers on latest innovation trends.
• Contribute as an active member of the buying team to work within a commercially focussed culture.
• Utilise theoretical knowledge from course to apply practically with garment and fabric technology.
• A working knowledge of factory procedures and process in a factory environment.
• Computer literate.
• Good organisational skills and an eye for detail.
• Multi task orientated with the ability to work to deadlines to achieve the Buying critical path.
• Understanding of Marks & Spencer buying process.
• Team player and ability to use internal network
• Desire to learn and develop
• Ability to listen and follow instructions carefully
• Good time keeping
• Professional attitude to work and study
Key relationships and stakeholders
• Business unit teams.
• Technical services and Colour management teams
• Sourcing Offices
• Wider GM Technical Team
To apply please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org