The India, Pakistan and London Fashion Show
Taking place at Gibson Hall, 13 Bishopsgate London, IPL brings an amalgamation of design, artistry and culture from the East and West. The boutique event will headline the celebrated Indian designer-duo Rimple and Harpreet Narula, acclaimed for designing Bollywood couture in films such as the forthcoming magnum opus Padmavati. They will curate a breath-taking fashion spectacle, which will be graced by one of India’s most high profile Bollywood actresses and fashion icons, Bipasha Basu, known for her beauty and style diva persona.
Prominent designers showcasing at IPL Fashion Show include:
* Rimple and Harpreet Narula – Their work represents an interesting paradox of rural craft and exalted design in their distinctive style; highly distressed surface treatments are juxtaposed with fine hand embroideries and the silhouettes enhanced with a contemporary spin.
* Nomi Ansari – Nomi Ansari has dominated the upscale fashion market with his vivacious design style since 2001. With a passion for colours his clothes always bring a sense of beauty and joy all wrapped in one gorgeous outfit. His effortless ability to create vibrantly feminine ensembles elaborately worked with detail has made him one of the most sought after brands in the country.
* Komal Nasir – Pakistan ‘s first designer who is exclusively designing shawls scarves capes and dupattas, closing a gap in the market. Her work shows her innate fondness for intricate embellished embroidery. Resham, Marrori, Sequins and Gota work that are unmistakably rich and bespoke.
* Naushad Imdad – one of Pakistan’s luxury menswear designers, known for creating timeless and modern looks. The iconic and fresh label NI Eminence represented a new chapter in men’s style combining embroidery and Swarovski when it launched in 2016. The label features razor-sharp tailoring and dramatically lean silhouettes, classic suiting and hand-embroidered sherwanis.
* My Trousseau – The premier destination for contemporary and couture Indian fashion, the My Trousseau showroom carries a number of high-end contemporary and traditional lines, delivering the most exclusive sarees, anarkalis/suits, cocktail ensembles, couture gowns and a customised bridal service. The designer duo behind My Trousseau are sisters Jazz and Suki Mahil, who have spent the past five years establishing their high-end fashion brand, JA.SU.MA, which stocks in departments stores and boutiques across Europe and the Middle East, including Harvey Nichols, Saks Fifth Avenue, Taten, Via Donna and Designers Lounge to name a few.
* Malika London – specialises in Indian and Pakistani casual wear for the everyday woman. Her range include kaftans, Pakistani salwar-kameez’s, Punjabi kurta tops in a range of fabrics, colours and styles from casual to semi-formal.
* Ekta Solanki – specialises in Couture Bridal Wear. Her creations are sensual, romantic and quintessentially Indian. Her breath-taking gowns are adorned with lace and embellishment, which exude elegance and originality. Well known for her extravagant cuts and opulent embroidery, Ekta Solanki has firmly positioned herself as one of the UK’s leading Bridal and Evening Wear Designers.
Attendees at the IPL Fashion event will comprise of global trendsetters, business and political stalwarts, cultural tastemakers and influencers. They include personalities such as Gaz (Geordie Shore), Jamy Jackman, Emma Mc Vey, Sandra and Sandy from Gogglebox, Indian TV personality Karan Singh Grover, Eastender’s Richard Blackwood, and veteran Pakistani TV and film personality Javed Sheikh to name but a few.
IPL Fashion is the brainchild of business impresario Gurbani Kaur. Speaking about the launch of IPL Fashion 2017, she says:
“We started this journey as an experimental offering of the luxurious South Asian culture and fashion to international audiences, which has now blossomed into an exciting high concept fashion venture.
As a boutique event, we work towards showcasing the very best, handpicked designers of fashion brands offering bespoke designs to an elite audience. IPL Fashion 2017 is a continuation of the celebration of a special cultural relationship shared between the UK, India and Pakistan in an epic industry.
We have had a phenomenal response thus far to the show and look forward to giving our attendees the opportunity to sample the latest in cutting edge design and fashion from the East and West.”
IPL Fashion 2017 is supported by a range of high profile brands and companies. They include: The official charity supporting partner – The British Asian Trust. Founded in 2007 by HRH The Prince of Wales. As well as Lubna Rafiq Academy, MTV UP, Lucy Choi London, Habib Bank Limited and Sterling Media.
IPL Fashion 2017 takes place at 5.30pm on Saturday, 4th March 2017 at The Gibson Hall, 13 Bishopsgate London EC2N 3BA. VIP tickets are priced at £150 and regular tickets at £95. To book tickets contact: Gurbani Kaur (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call +44 (0)7572740822.