Apprenticeships at ASOS with FashionCapital
Do you want to work for ASOS?
Due to having such a great experience with the previous apprentices FashionCapital recruited for ASOS, the leading etailer has decided that they now want TWO NEW APPRENTICES!!
To become an apprentice you must:
- Have 5 GCSE’s graded A-C
- Two of these GCSE’s must be Maths and English
- Own a valid UK passport
- Own a valid National Insurance card/proof
- Be aged 16-24
Please note you can not have a degree to do the Fashion and Textiles Apprenticeship programme.
The Fashion and Textiles Apprenticeship is a unique combination of training and career specific work experience over an 18 month period. The apprentice will be working with one employer for the entire course therefore providing an opportunity for both the employer and the individual to develop a long and sustainable relationship.
If you have what it takes to be an apprentice at ASOS please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
As the fastest growing online retailer in the UK, we’re constantly striving to push boundaries and drive our business even further forward.
With over 50,000 product lines across womenswear, menswear, footwear, accessories, jewellery and beauty, we’re setting the pace in a worldwide fashion revolution.
With around 1,500 new product lines being introduced each week, we’re ambitious and we certainly know our stuff. We have websites targeting the UK, USA, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Australia. Plus, we ship to almost 200 countries from our central distribution centre in the UK.
We thrive in a culture of restlessness and innovation, which is why we are always on the lookout for talented and inspired people to join the team – people who share our vision, who can make a difference and who want to be part of something big (and fancy picking up a few cheeky samples on the way too…)
Our approach is simple: we work hard, and we do it because we love it. We are very proud of how far inspiration and hard work has taken us since we started in 2000, but we’re constantly looking for new ways to go faster, bigger, better…
So if you have the imagination and dedication to help take us to the next level – take a look at our latest opportunity below for an apprenticeship in our Garment Technology team!
Garment Technology Apprentice
As the fastest growing online fashion retailer in the UK, ASOS is constantly striving to drive our business forward and be at the cutting edge of fashion, life and talent. With International expansion and constant UK growth, ASOS is evolving at a phenomenal rate. Therefore we are on the lookout for driven and entrepreneurial people to join our ever expanding and extremely exciting business. At the core of our business lies passion, for the industry, the company and the people. If you want to be part of ASOS family, you might be interested to hear that we currently have vacancies for a Technical Administrative Apprentice.
As a Technical Administrative Apprentice you will be providing support to the Technologist and will be responsible for assisting them in all aspects of Garment Technology.
- To provide technical support to the design and buying team at product development stage
- Learning about the multi-faceted role of a Technologist within a fast fashion retailer
- Assisting the Technical team with quality issues. Providing support to the Technologist
- Learning to assess risks through fabric management and test reporting, ensuring all products are fit for purpose.
- Attending fit sessions – taking notes and measuring samples and models
- Proficient in analysing customer returns and action planning
- Gaining experience across all product areas within ASOS
We are passionate about our people; they’re the future of our business, which is why we invest time and effort in recruiting the perfect match! Our employees are passionate about ASOS, their role and the overall success of the company. We are all motivated to drive our own success and achieve individual objectives. Communication is key to any role here as our employees continually build relationships at all levels across the business. We’re fast paced, so all employees need to able to adapt to change pretty quickly, be enthused and excited about what’s around the corner for us.
Some key skills that you need…
- Good, clear and effective verbal communication skills.
- Able to listen and follow instructions carefully.
- A love and understanding for fashion
- An interest in the technical aspects of the fashion industry. I.e. construction, fit, quality, etc.
- An understanding of fashion retail as a commercial business.
- Experience with using a computer ideally Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good time keeping.
- A professional attitude to work and study.
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment and have exceptional organisational skills.
- Determination and stamina – the fashion industry is hard work!
- A desire to learn and develop
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: WEDNESDAY 10th OCTOBER 2012
Please email your CV and cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity to:
email@example.com / 0208 462 9620