River Island Are Looking For FIVE Apprentices!
As a Fashion Production Apprentice you will be working alongside various members of our production and quality assurance teams. You will be assisting them in their day to day duties and providing support by conducting a wide variety of activities. All knowledge will be gained through basic hands on experience.
Experience and knowledge to be gained from the Apprentice programme:
- An understanding of garment manufacture from the design concept through to store delivery
- Data entry into the Company’s production and technical data systems
- Hands on experience of garment sampling and prototype sealing
- Garment construction, technical reporting including basic pattern cutting, size grading on our Gerber CAD system, measurement specification, technical detail recording and processing
- Practical garment fitting skills gained attending working fit sessions
- A working knowledge of factory procedure and process in both a retail and factory environment
- Factory and supplier communication processes
- A basic understanding of production planning, progress monitoring and logistics
- A basic understanding of fabric sourcing, testing, stock control and monitoring
- Understand the process of trim development, purchasing, stock distribution and control
- Gain awareness of quality control and assurance in both a factory and retail environment
What we are looking for:
- Candidates must be highly motivated possessing both a practical and flexible attitude towards their responsibilities
- The ability to show initiative when completing activities
- Good verbal and written communication skill
- Highly organised displaying good time management
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular Word & Excel
- Determination, stamina and pace – fashion production is hard work
To become an apprentice you must:
- Have 5 GCSE’s graded A-C
- Two of these GCSE’s must be Maths and English
- Own a valid UK passport
- Own a valid National Insurance Card/Proof
- Be aged 16-24
Please not you cannot have a degree to take part in the Fashion and Textiles Apprenticeship Programme. This is not an internship.
If you think you’re right for this role, please contact email@example.com with your CV.