After studying both architecture and applied arts in her native belgrade, roksanda ilincic came to london where she earned her masters degree in womenswear at central st martins.
With a bold use of colour and a signature take on shape, roksanda’s designs effortlessly blur the line between day and eveningwear, creating chic wardrobe staples through her unique but innately feminine approach to luxury fashion.
The recent additions of swimwear and childrenswear line, ‘blossom’, reflect the playful but sophisticated nature of the main line, and see the brand currently stocked in over 40 countries worldwide.
She has been awarded the 2013 ELLE style red carpet award, the 2012 red carpet award at the british fashion awards. She was nominated for the walpole’s british luxury design talent and best emerging british luxury brand awards, the BFC new generation award and the BFC fashion forward awards, and has been nominated for the 2013 BFC/Vogue fashion fund, for the second year running.
As an apprentice working within the production department you will be given the opportunity to broaden your knowledge and understanding of high-end production in the following fields: womenswear, childrenswear, swimwear, beachwear, knitwear and accessories. You will be required to use technical knowledge as well as logistical skills to work alongside manufacturers in both the UK and aboard. There is also a necessity for regular liaison with other departments, within the company, to make sure delivery deadlines are met.
– Liaise with our Logistics Manager regarding delivery times and QC-ing.
– Liaise with manufacturers regarding production schedules and materials.
– Keep the pattern logbook tidy and up to date.
– Logging and updating our system’s stock fabrics and trims, in relation to reorders, private orders and specials.
– Order trims, fastenings and threads for production.
– Chasing suppliers for fabrics and trims, so as not to delay production.
– Keep the pattern-logging book tidy and up to date.
– Look after all private orders and liaise with Sales and – – Manufactures- in relation to schedules and costing.
– Make sure the production schedules are always up to date.
– Updating fact sheets with production comments and images, where relevant, to send to manufacturers.
– Logging all deliveries received from suppliers that are then sent to manufacturers.(Fabric and trims etc.)
– Liaising with couriers- evaluating the relation between cost and time.
– Send out Pick and Packs and Sample packs on schedule.
– Liaise with manufacturers regarding production schedules and materials.
– Keep an overview of the patterns- specifically when sending to be graded- taking into account feedback from sales and comments from design. – Take all relevant measurements from the graded and master patterns and add the information to the fact sheet and schedules.
– Looking after all private orders -liaising with Sales and the manufacturer in relation to their delivery dates and alterations.
– Finding solutions to problematic fabrics and finishing throughout bulk production.
– Placing production with manufacturers, based on their skills, capacity, specialism and machinery.
– Checking all production changes are applied to patterns, fact sheet and fabric costing.
– Approving Production samples.
– Visiting Manufacturers to check on their progress and maintain the highest level of quality throughout production.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with an eye for detail. Working as part of a team and initiative when completing solo tasks are essential qualities.
Whilst working in the Logistics Department the apprentice’s will gain valuable experience on the quality standards of luxury garments. There will be regular visits to manufacturers, which will provide a good basis on how a garment is brought from design to production and then delivered to stores.
One the main tasks for the apprentice are making sure the quality of the finished product is at the highest standard before it reaches the shop’s floors. Therefore, things that must be checked are:
– Content label in accordance with fabric content.
– Main label hand stitched as seen in the original sample of a particular style
– Checking the zip and/or buttons
– Checking the baby locking (when is the case)
– Checking for flaws, frays or stains on the fabric
– Making sure the binding inside the garment looks neat
– Checking that the size label is correctly added to the right size
– Visiting London manufacturers on a regular basis to quality check garments when the production is complete
– Hand sewing of labels
– Packaging the garments either at the studio, or at the factories to be sent to the warehouse
– Packaging and labeling products (swimwear, children’s wear, knitwear, hats or bags)
– Keeping inventory lists of stock
– Arranging collection of production from various manufacturers to the warehouse
– Instructing the warehouse packaging team on the boxes required for each store order
– Requesting stock returns from the warehouse to the studio
– Preparing and emailing spreadsheets listing the styles and sizes of production collected from each – manufacturer
– Sending stamped invoices to the warehouse for all shipments being sent outside of EU.
Whilst working alongside the Roksanda Ilincic Press department, the apprentice’s will gain valuable experience into how the brand manages and works alongside international publications from in house. There will be regular contact with all levels of the company, as well as our press offices in London and Los Angeles.
– Organising and arranging celebrity gifting
– Maintaining database of clients and Publications
– General office duties such as answering phones, filing and scanning
– Handling social media outlets, i.e Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
– Maintaining and merchandising the showroom/studio
– Arranging international deliveries
– Creating delivery notes and commercial invoices
– Sample tracking
– Assisting with international press requests
– Liaising daily with our press office
– Arranging model casting
– Planning and organising photo-shoots and press events
– Supporting Staff with day to day tasks
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and hardworking individual, with a key eye for detail and who enjoys working within a team.
Roksanda Ilincic’s Sales and Marketing department offer an apprentice the chance to work closely within the team, where they will liaise on a daily basis with our UK and International stockists. They will learn to target and research new stores, further their knowledge of sales analysis, Excel, Photoshop and Illustrator; whilst also having the opportunity to assist with store training and events.
– Target and research of new stores
– Sales Analysis
– Further skills in Excel, Photoshop and illustrator
– Assist and arrange set up for Store Trainings
– Event planning, such as sample sales and trunk shows
– Assisting sales team with new and current accounts
– Arranging private order deliveries
– Arranging London based stockist deliveries
– Liaising with private clients
– Stock analysis
– Sell through analysis
– Entering order confirmations
– Researching into recommended retail prices
– Researching price online comparisons
– Updating stockist contacts
We are looking for a skilled individual with an interest in numerical and detailed work; who will work hard and be a creative and friendly team player.
To become an apprentice you must:
Please note you cannot have a degree to do the Fashion and Textiles Apprenticeship programme.
If you match all these requirements then please contact email@example.com to apply.