Garment Technology Apprenticeship with ASOS
The role: Garment Technology Apprentice
Where is it based: Greater London House, Mornington Crescent, London
The Story so far…
ASOS burst on to the scene in 2000 and hasn’t looked back. We are the UK’s number one fashion and beauty destination, and as a recent survey showed, we are the second most visited fashion website on the planet. With over 60,000 product lines across womenswear, menswear, footwear, accessories, jewellery and beauty, we’re setting the pace in a worldwide fashion revolution. With around 1,500 new product lines being introduced each week, we’re ambitious and we certainly know our stuff. We ship to 237 countries and also have specific sites targeting the USA, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Russia and China, with offices in London, Sydney, New York, France and Germany and China. This is all part of our strategy, which we call ASOS Future.
Our ambition is to be the world’s no.1 online fashion brand for 20-somethings, having set ourselves a target to reach £1bn annual sales by 2015. Therefore it is really important to us that we continue to attract top talent across the globe to help us realise our goals. If you’re looking for an opportunity to go places and really take your career forward, we could be the perfect fit for you!
The ASOS Way
We do things a certain way – The ASOS Way. It’s our DNA and runs through every single thing we do here – it defines who we are, what we do and how we do it. Some things change, these don’t.
We are Passionate; we are proud to be a part of ASOS, we always give our best and we celebrate our successes.
We are Customer Obsessed; we know our customers love fashion and we understand what they want, we know our stuff inside and out, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are Restlessly Innovative; we don’t stand still, we give it a go and we’re brave.
We are Collaborative and Respectful; We work together to get the job done, we grow ideas from within, we make things happen and we do the right thing.
People are the future of our business and we have really big ideas. We know we need people who can turn these ideas into reality – it’s our people that make the difference.
We are passionate about our people; they’re the future of our business, which is why we invest time and effort in recruiting the perfect match! Our employees are passionate about ASOS, their role and the overall success of the company. We are all motivated to drive our own success and achieve individual objectives. Communication is key to any role here as our employees continually build relationships at all levels across the business. We’re fast paced, so all employees need to able to adapt to change pretty quickly, be enthused and excited about what’s around the corner for us.
- Providing technical support to the design and buying team at product development stage
- Learning about the multi-faceted role of a Technologist within a fast fashion retailer
- Assisting the Technical team with quality issues. Providing support to the Technologist
- Learning to assess risks through fabric management and test reporting, ensuring all products are fit for purpose.
- Attending fit sessions – taking notes and measuring samples and models
- Proficient in analysing customer returns and action planning
- Gaining experience across all product areas with ASOS
Skills, experience and attitude
- Good, clear and effective verbal communication skills.
- Able to listen and follow instructions carefully.
- A love and understanding for fashion
- An interest in the technical aspects of the fashion industry. I.e. construction, fit, quality, etc.
- An understanding of fashion retail as a commercial business.
- Experience with using a computer ideally Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good time keeping.
- A professional attitude to work and study.
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment and have exceptional organisational skills.
- Determination and stamina – the fashion industry is hard work!
- A desire to learn and develop
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org