<< back to News
Darling Clothing Design Assistant Apprenticeship
Darling is a fantastic design led company, globally recognised as an inspirational and iconic British lifestyle brand, sold globally. We are pleased to be recruiting for a bright, proactive and enthusiastic Design Room assistant, to work within our creative team, based in Central London.
You will gain hands on experience in our friendly and highly creative environment. This experience would be especially beneficial to someone who has finished their A-levels and studied a design or textiles course. You must have a creative flair and be able to create detailed flat drawings in Illustrator.
Ideally you can use the Adobe Creative suite, along with strong excel skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
• Extremely enthusiastic
• Willingness to learn
• A can-do attitude
• Hands on approach
• Eager to learn and grow
• Extremely contentious and pay great attention to detail
• Team player
• Self motivated
• Ability to work calmly and efficiently in a fast paced environment
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to multi task
• Computer literate
• Great communication skills both verbally and written.
• A positive and energetic individual
Roles and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
• Take notes during fit sessions.
• Updating internal teams and suppliers
• Build and maintain supplier relationships
• Help with design and print research
• Support and present projects
• Manage and track samples
• Drawing garment CAD’s for the next collection
• Creating and updating design boards
• Fully support design team
• Maintaining showroom and sample presentation
• Any AD hoc duties