Would You Like to Work For High End Womenswear Brand ERDEM?
An apprenticeship opportunity with high-end designer brand Erdem has opened up for an enthusiastic team member who would like to gain experience of working within the brand’s Production Department.
Reporting in to an assigned member of the production team, you will be assisting the team during the entire production cycle from confirmed sales orders, receiving bulk fabric and trims, working with patterns, embroidery and beading, Pre-Production sampling, through to quality control of finished Production garments.
This role is only suitable for apprentices whom are looking to develop their skills towards a role in ready-to-wear production.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and packing raw materials to send to factories for production.
- Preparing Pre-Production Sample materials to send to factories.
- Assisting with logistical package deliveries and collections, inclusive of product collections from manufacturers.
- Daily co-ordination and organisation of fabrics and trims.
- Assisting with quality control checks on print & embroidery panels and other seasonal trims under supervision.
- Creating Season Fabric Books for manufacturers.
- Occasional hand embroidery, beading and other minor hand sewing.
- Conduct fabric inventory stock take at the end of the season.
- Assisting the Production Admin Assistant with seasonal care labels.
- Measuring samples ready for fitting.
- Carry out supervised QC of RTW and JEWELLERY through the Studio, including Labelling and final packaging.
- Managing inventory of PP samples & Faulty Production.
- General studio administration tasks.
- Hands on can-do attitude with an exceptional work ethic.
- Prepared to complete a variety of tasks.
- Ability to think on their feet with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, able to work independently and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
You Will Learn / Receive Training On:
- Measuring samples and production size set.
- Understanding of garment construction.
- Gain a good knowledge of a variety of fabrics and trims and their suitability to styles.
- Working with print placement and fabric direction/ lay plan.
- How to work to a schedule / Time Management.
- Gain an understanding of the production life cycle.
The Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship is an 18-month programme where you work with your employer four-days a week and attend the Fashion Technology Academy one-day a week for your training.
To apply for this role submit your CV to email@example.com
Established in London in 2005, Erdem has come to be synonymous with versatile yet powerful femininity. Founder Erdem Moralioglu trained at the prestigious Royal College of Art in London where he remained to launch the label following his graduation. Known for his use of experimental textiles, vibrant prints, and detailed craftsmanship, Erdem has created a beautiful world of the delicate mixed with the bold.
Erdem has received numerous accolades over the years, including the 2008 British Fashion Council’s Fashion Forward Award; the 2010 inaugural Vogue / British Fashion Council Designer Fashion Fund Award, the 2012 British Fashion Council’s New Establishment Award, the 2013 British Fashion Council’s Red Carpet Award, the 2014 British Fashion Council’s Womenswear Designer of the Year Award, the 2015 British Fashion Council’s Establishment Designer Award, the 2016 Fashion Group International Fashion Star Award and most recently the Canadian Arts & Fashion International Canadian Designer of the Year Award.
Erdem is sold in over 170 of the most exclusive retailers, including Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Dover Street Market, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, Le Bon Marche, ,TSUM, and an ERDEM shop in Saks Fifth Avenue in New York.
After launching an E-commerce store in 2014, the label opened its debut flagship store in London’s Mayfair in August 2015.
More recently, the brand has designed for numerous successful collaborations; the highly anticipated ERDEM x HM partnership in 2017, and in 2018 both a beauty collection, “Strange Flowers” created with NARS, and a commission to design costumes for the Royal Ballet for Christopher Wheeldon’s new production, Corybantic Games.