Wings4Fashion: Industry Support Starts Right Here
London has been long established as the number one capital to discover the very latest fashion talent. Creativity, innovation and complete free rein has seen the likes of Chalayan, McQueen and Quinn elevated into the spotlight and long may it continue. The downside to all this talent on show is that many have a brief moment in the media before falling off the radar, lasting merely a few seasons on the Fashion Week schedule. This is where industry support is crucial, whether it’s financial or in an advisory, mentoring capacity – turning a creative concept into a lasting business is what many start-ups essentially need.
Enter Wings4Fashion, a two-day fashion event that will showcase emerging fashion designers alongside a ‘pitch your fashion business’ opportunity.
Organised by FatakaFashions the pitching opportunity includes an impressive list of industry investors and mentors including our very own CEO Jenny Holloway. Taking place on Saturday 14th September at the Montcalm Hotel in central London the event also includes an exhibition, fashion show and gala dinner.
The panel of investors, VC Funds and Fashion Mentors include:
- Prof. Yu Xiong – Chairman – London Fashion Fund
- Mr. Manuel Silva III – President – Amnis Ventures USA
- Ms. Yolande Letshou – (ymlfashion.co.uk) – fashion industry expert and consultant
- Mr. Subhash Thakrar (Vice President and Past Chair London Chamber of Commerce & Industry)
- Ms. Poonam Bhagat – TaikaByPoonamBhagat.com, Past Member – Board of Governers, Fashion Design Council of India and Fashion Designer from India
- Ms. Premal Badiani – Fashion Designer PremalBadiani.com and BadianiNewyork.com Fashion Advisor / Mentor
- Ms Mengxun Nie, Fashion Investment Advisor, Yingde Group
- Ms. Jenny Holloway – CEO – FashionCapital.co.uk / Fashion Enter Ltd
- Ms. Marianna Ferro – CEO, Flair Atelier Ltd
Fashion Enter Ltd CEO Jenny Holloway said: “We are delighted to be asked as an industry advisor on the panel at the Wings4Fashion event. This is a new event for the UK and the aims are so supportive for new brands we had to say yes! Good luck to the 25 plus brands that will be pitching for the funding, support and mentoring on the 14th.”
The Fashion Enter team were so impressed with the concept and supportive nature of the event that it was decided to introduce the company’s in-house range Belles of London into the pitching den!
Supported by Stephanie Knapp, Brand and Development Officer, the range will be presented to the esteemed panel by Stephanie on Saturday 14th September at the Montcalm Hotel in Marble Arch.
Stephanie commented: “I’m excited! I’ve never had to present a collection to a panel before but I love a challenge and I’m so up for exporting our fabulous Belles range. British heritage at its finest made by our ethical factory. We want global growth!”
Watch this space!
Wing4Fashion, 14th & 15th September, Montcalm Hotel, London W1.