Wanted: Garment Tech Apprentice at Mountain Warehouse
Mountain Warehouse have been developing the very best outdoor gear for all the family since 1997.
Unlike other outdoor retailers, Mountain Warehouse (MW) don’t carry lots of different brands. In fact, almost all the products MW sell through stores and the website are exclusive to Mountain Warehouse – you won’t find them anywhere else.
Why do Mountain Warehouse do this? Well, by designing own brand top quality products and having them made to the team’s exacting standards, MW can cut out the middleman. So that means the customer can get the exact same quality, but at significantly lower prices than you’ll find at other shops.
MW have well located and well stocked stores where customers of all ages can get straightforward advice from our knowledgeable, friendly staff. In most MW stores customers can even bring their dog in too! Everything the MW team do is focused on serving the brands growing group of customers who like what MW have to offer: the best gear, the best service and the best prices.
Garment Technologist Apprentice
Reports to: Quality Manager
Mountain Warehouse have an amazing opportunity for a Garment Technologist Apprentice to work within the Garment Tech team. The ideal candidate will be working closely with the MW garment technologist and buyers to contribute to the improvement of Mountain Warehouse product quality and development.
What you’ll be doing
- Checking conformity of prototypes and recording measurements in Word or Excel
- Preparing corrective comments for factories and illustrating with photos in Word or Excel
- Updating technical information including sketches in illustrator
- Technical research for controlling the materials used in production – testing materials and preparing assembly mock-ups
- Researching and proposing finishing techniques for the new styles
- Preparing launch-packs for sending out including booking daily dispatches
- Preparing illustrated guidelines for technical / quality support to sales network and factories
We’d love to meet someone with
- Good knowledge of pattern-cutting, garment assembly and Illustrator is desirable but not essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Interested in the technical side of fashion
- Patient and work well under pressure, as well as having a positive, enthusiastic attitude to work.
What’s in it for you?
- Apprentice salary and benefits package
- Holiday allowance
- 50% staff discount & 25% for family and friends
Interested? To apply for this role submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org