Virtual Option Now Available On Our Popular Educational Factory Tours
Since 2013 Fashion-Enter has provided educational site visits and practical workshops to students at all levels from local, national and international schools, colleges and universities. The tours have been extremely popular and really benefit the students with their studies, business understanding and future careers:
“Fantastic – I think you’ve taught my students more than I have in the entire course!”
“This has been an incredible tour, learnt so much about making and the value of a garment, the dark side of the industry and what makes a factory ethical – such as this one. Thank-you.”
“I would recommend this tour to all fashion students as I think it is all something we should learn.”‘The factory visit was really beneficial for future job applications and connects to what has been spoken about in class.’ Megan K, Regents University
“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed seeing a factory, it has clarified my perception of what a factory is actually like. The speakers have taught me things that I will take forward into working life.”
“I have learnt how clothes are actually produced and I know understand checks that should be carried out as a buyer to ensure staff safety and good quality items.”
Each tour is tailor made depending on the students needs and course curriculum, however with Covid-19 restrictions in place we have restructured how we will offer tours going forward.
We have two options available:
1. We provide a virtual tour for up to 100 students. This is a two-hour session that takes place via zoom. We provide an overview of who we are, what make us an ethical factory and the complete garment life cycle via a power point presentation. Following the talk, we will then take the students on a virtual tour through the factory so they can see each operation in action in both the Factory for large scale production and the Fashion Studio for sampling and short production runs. We do encourage students to engage and ask questions throughout to really get the most out of this session.
2. We provide a tour on site with a smaller group of students who adhere to socially distancing rules. This will be a group of 12 students maximum for a two-hour session to include the tour of the factory and a practical session. Following the introduction and overview, the group will be split into two groups of 6 to allow for social distancing when walking around the factory. Whilst group 1 is taken on the tour, group 2 will be given a practical task which could include a costing exercise, an introduction to pattern cutting or introduction to tailoring. We will discuss what task would be most beneficial to your students before the tour is booked.
With option 2 please also note:
Each visitor entering the building will have their temperature checked at reception
Hand sanitiser will be available
We ask each person to wear their mask at all times.
For a more in depth look at topics covered on the tour please see below:
- The manufacturing process of a garment – from initial idea right through to delivery – The Garment Life Cycle
- The supply chain and challenges a supplier faces
- Critical path
- What makes The Factory SMETA approved – why we are a fully compliant factory
- Tour of the Factory – review of the cutting table, industrial machines flat bed and over-locker, quality control stations.
- How long does it really take to make a garment?
- How is a garment costed?
- Tour of the Fashion Studio – patterns, grading, toiles, sampling and small production runs
To enquire about costs and to book your tour please email email@example.com to discuss in further detail and together we will determine the best option for you!