Sourcing Assistant Job Profile
December 15, 2017 - December 15, 2017
Find out the typical duties requirements and opportunities of the Sourcing Assistant”¦
As a sourcing assistant your role is to support the Sourcing Co-ordinator and the Production Team, to identify the supplier needs across the Production Department, and to fulfil those needs with the appropriate suppliers. Working within the Production team, alongside the Sourcing Co-ordinator, Production Coordinators, Production Specialists, Production Managers and Heads of Department.
- Assist sourcing manager
- Initiate a good relationship with potential buyers
- Obtain and record critical information from potential new suppliers such as factory profile with images of manufacturing site and product, details of recent audits, fabric swatches etc. Factory profile should provide information about product offer, size of manufacturer, turnover, customer base, and capacity.
- Maintain the tracker for all new suppliers so progress can be accessed at any time by the
- Production department.
- Have an understanding of payment terms with the new supplier
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong at building relationships with new suppliers
- Good negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- Outgoing and confident