Shipping and Logistics Job Profile
December 16, 2018 - December 16, 2018
Find out the typical duties requirements and opportunities of the Shipping and Logistics”¦
The role of a Shipping and Logistics Co-ordinator requires someone who pays attention to detail, has an understanding of the basic accounting processes involving quotes and invoicing. Previous experience within other areas of Shipping would be an advantage, but being able to demonstrate good communication skills, being able to work within a team and an understanding of commercial enterprise may be sufficient.
- Providing routing information and issuing shipping instructions to ensure deliveries arrive on time and to their correct location.
- You will be responsible for tracking of goods enroute to their destination ensuring any problems that may arise are resolved so as to avoid delays
- You will be responsible for the preparation of quotes for customers, which will involve examining products or materials to estimate quantities or weight and type of container required for storage or transport.
- Liaise with accounts for the preparation of invoices ensuring shipping costs are calculated accurately and passed onto customer
- You will be required to review sales and prepare reports for senior manager comparing actual sales against targets set
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and will be able to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Have a sound understanding of commercial enterprise and be familiar with basic accounting
- Good reasoning skills and be able to analyse data and prepare reports reflecting findings and advise on strategic direction in relation to your role
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
- Be able to work with industry standard computer packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint