Senior Garment Technologist Job Profile
May 27, 2020 - May 27, 2020
Find out the typical duties requirements and opportunities of a Senior Garment Technologist…
As a Senor Garment Technologist you’ll be the technical expert who leads a team of Technologists and oversees multiple departments as well as looking after your own department.
You’ll also be working on projects with our wider teams to ensure our products don’t just look great, but fit well and perform too.
- Chasing samples
- Running fit sessions
- Sending concise comments to factories and so forth
- Creating workbooks for a style once ordered
- Fitting garments until they are sealed, passing on accurate information to pattern cutters and factories accordingly
- Creating graded specs
- Releasing a style for production with factories creating detailed QC reports
- Learning each of the clients fit procedures and processes
- Risks assessing products in terms of safety, and with an eye on International regulations as well as British Standards.
- Has previous experience as a Senior Garment Technologist
- Thorough understanding of construction, fit, and sealing processes
- Excellent communication and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment