E – Commerce Analyst
December 13, 2019 - December 13, 2019
Find out the typical duties requirements and opportunities of an E ”“ Commerce Analyst”¦
Formally the role includes: to elicit, analyse, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders. Including interviewing stakeholders, document and workflow analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, software selection, and business process definition and use case production. They will act as the conduit between the business users and the development teams, ensuring that project deliverables are met according to the agreed and documented business requirement, and supporting the change around the deployment of new business processes.
- Collaborate with project/programme managers and project sponsors to understand / determine project scope and vision
- Clearly identify project stakeholders and establish user classes, as well as their characteristics
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods
- Research, review, and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes
- Utilise standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications and to document swim lane based process flows
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions around how the will successfully execute their plans. Distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Experience with fast moving and growing organisations, and/or that you have experience working in retail organisations understanding the priorities and nature of the services provided
- A Subject Matter Expert in other e-commerce platform areas like payment, product data, order management, web analytics, content management, promotions, search etc.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, at multiple levels and across multiple disciplines
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.