Production and Accessories Apprenticeship With Ince Umbrellas
Ince Umbrellas are looking for a production and accessories apprentice to join their busy team…
Completes customer orders by assembling, finishing, inspecting, and packing finished items.
- Preparing for assembly by checking job card; gathering the necessary materials, components, and special items.
- Assembling product by fitting and adjusting components:
– Fitting of cover to frame
– Thread trimming
– Strap making and fitting
– Ironing and rolling of covers
- Approve product for finishing by completing quality control inspection.
- Application of metal trim
- Drilling out and sticking of wooden handles
- Attachment of swing tickets / labels
- Inspection of final product to ensure ready to ship and compliance with quality control
- Bagging and protective packing
- Preparation of dispatch notes and courier manifests
- Booking courier
- Maintains tools and equipment in good working order by following operating instructions and troubleshooting breakdowns.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and clean work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Assist in main production area as and when required.
- Assist with the unloading and storage of textiles and components as and when required
- Provide production and product information by collecting and summarising production data.
- Needs to be literate and numerate.
- Willing to learn and self-develop
- Flexibility to operate in a changing manufacturing environment
- Collaborative worker who works well as part of a small and friendly team
- Good eye for detail and colour definition
- Physically fit
- Manufacturing Experience General
- Experience of using machines
- Familiarity with:-
– Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
– Process Improvement
– Quality Control
– Health & Safety
– Equipment Maintenance
– Lifting and handling
To become an apprentice you must:
- Have 5 GCSE’s graded A-C
- Two of these GCSE’s must be Maths and English
- Own a valid UK passport
- Own a valid National Insurance Card/Proof
- Be aged 16-24
Please not you cannot have a degree to take part in the Fashion and Textiles Apprenticeship Programme. This is not an internship.
with your CV.