Join experienced stitching and patterns tutor Ana Cover for an insightful masterclass on alterations which takes place over two evenings. Learn how to alter hemlines, sew buttons correctly, fix seams, repair damaged sections and learn the basics of alterations. Sew and repair life into your old garments!
The masterclass will include:
- Introduction (Health & Safety in the workroom and with the machinery).
- Introduction to a flatbed machine (how to thread, how to wind a bobbin, how to insert bobbin and how to use a flatbed machine).
- Practice sewing samples with a flatbed machine (straight lines, curves etc.)
- Discussion on alterations (different hems, sewing buttons correctly by hand, ripped seams and how to fix damage garments by using trims).
- How to alter your garments.
“The tutors have been amazing and the support I have received here has been really helpful. I feel confident to move on and use the skills I have learnt here.” – Roxanne
The Essential Alterations Masterclass will take place on Wednesday the 22nd January 2020 and Wednesday 29th January 2020 from 6pm-8pm at the FTA, Unit 13 / 14 Crusader Estate, 167 Hermitage Road, London N4 1LZ. This course costs £65- plus VAT.