Upgrade Your Fashion Production Skills on our Tailor Made Technical Residencies
For a fashion design to successfully work it has to go through a production process; fabric selection, pattern cutting, sampling and stitching. Our Technical Residencies explain this process in detail and attendees can gain hands-on skills and use the Academy’s state-of-the-art equipment.
Our FTA Technical Residencies can be adapted to suit the clients needs and can run for 3-hours, or take place over several days, and provides excellent tuition for students, graduates, businesses, community groups, social groups and independent designers.
Previous clients have included: Graduate Fashion Foundation X TikTok, Nottingham Trent University and YOOX NET-A-PORTER and The Prince’s Foundation.
Technical Residencies can be adapted to meet individual needs and can include:
- Seminar topics; from sourcing, supply chain, UK manufacturing, business plans
- Demonstration of the garment making life cycle
- Learn how to use industrial sewing machines
- How to make a garment
- How to cut a pattern
- How to fit and measure correctly
- How to cost a garment
- The chance for all attendees to make an item(s) with tutor support
The cost for a Technical Residency is per person and is available upon request, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org