Maintaining Optimum Safety at the Fashion – Enter Factory During COVID – 19
As a Fast Forward ‘Leading Status’ audited factory we constantly revise every element of the business to ensure that it is efficient, fully compliant and ethical. The health and safety of our staff; the machinists, cutters, pressers, finishers and quality controllers, is of upmost importance and is an area we have regularly reviewed since the start of COVID-19 pandemic.
Since the 1st April 2020 factory staff that are fit and well and wanting to work have been working around the clock making scrubs, gowns, masks and chemically treated snoods. To ensure their safety the company has enforced several precautions in keeping with government guidelines:
- Each work station is situated at least 2 metres or more apart
- The Factory has arrows on the floor creating a one way system
- The Factory and offices are deep cleaned daily
- Each member of staff is provided with a mask, plastic gloves, plus hairnets / hairgrips where necessary
- Only one person is allowed in the toilets at a time
- 100 sanitizers are available for staff use throughout the building
- All doors are wedged open and staff encouraged to go outside for breaks
- Visitors are required to sign a disclaimer to say they are COVID-19 free and not running a temperature
- Thermometers available for checks on site
The Factory has a new guideline 8-page policy to ensure that all our staff, learners and visitors are safe with extended risk assessments now in process. These policies will be regularly reviewed as and when new information is released.