Kick Start Your Fashion Brand with TikTok’s Fashion Competition
Looking to promote your fashion skills to a global audience? TikTok are currently running a fashion competition for fledgling fashion designers / upcyclers.
To enter the TikTok ‘Show your fashion designs’ competition you need to:
- Design and create either an upcycled piece or a brand new, original design
- Document your creative process from start to finish in a TikTok video, clearly showing the end result
- Post your video, adding the ‘Add yours’ sticker on the editing page using ‘Show your fashion designs’ as your prompt (please make sure you use this exact spelling). It will be the same as the video linked – the prompt can only be accessed on mobile!
- Go to the in-app hub to fill in the form and submit your entry (search ‘tiktok fashion’ to find it in-app)
- Let the magic happen!
- Production of 5 x garments (including the design featured in your entry video) designed by you
- Showcase event in February 2024 in London celebrating your designs
- $5k towards photography and videography of your collection for your portfolio (managed by TikTok)
- 1 x editorial feature on SheerLuxe website
- 6-month talent management contract with Blush Talent Management, SheerLuxe’s brand new fashion talent agency.
Some do’s to consider:
- Do show your creativity from start to finish
- Do shoot vertical
- Do shoot in a quiet place
- Do try and shoot with good, natural light
- Do keep an eye on the focus
- Do be energetic and creative
- Do use #TikTokFashion when you post
And some don’t’s:
- Don’t copy an existing design or pattern
- Don’t just film the finished design include the entire creative process
- Don’t shoot landscape!
The deadline for this competition is 30th November 2023. A panel of judges will review the entries and a winner will be announced in January 2024, with a public announcement the following month.
Image by Ron Lach – Pexels.com