FashionCapital at Tottenham Together
Along with showing the massive regeneration plans of the area, the event brought together businesses, voluntary and community groups as well as local public organisations displaying local activities, job and volunteering opportunities available for all different people.
FashionCapital were able to showcase a variety of different opportunities for people in the local area. We gained positive attention and there were many people that were interested in the company. From people trying to uplift groups of individuals to independent people aiming to go back into their hobbies of textiles and sewing. Not only were people very positive about FashionCapital because of the manufacturing that still occurs in the area, our stand also enabled them to give an insight into the history and background to Tottenham. One resident was very pleased to hear about the factory and mentioned the intention to make more people aware in the area about Fashion Enter and what we do.
Not only were we able to present FashionCapital, there were a variety of other activities and organisation available:
- An exhibition providing residents an opportunity to find a job, gain new skills and volunteering prospects in Tottenham, exhibitors included Met Police, Job Centre Plus, Homes for Haringey, The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London and much more
- An outside Saturday Market filled with a variety of foods and drinks as well as ornaments, stall holders included Elderflower Cakes and The Green Bean in addition to a range of other choices
- Entertainment for the family including live music, bouncy castle, face-paints, stilt walkers and more, not forgetting the Tottenham Hotspurs FC Mascot – Chirpy
- Not only did Tottenham Hotspurs bring their mascot along, they also had a walking tour exploring Tottenham’s history
- Three panel discussion for the community residents focusing on health, housing and careers
This fun-packed celebration was very beneficial to the local area, making residents aware and up-to-date with news and opportunities in the community. We at FashionCapital & Fashion Enter were grateful to be part of this event that was filled with community spirit!
By Shivanee Tailor