<< back to News

What’s Trending This Week?

11-01-2016   


Dolce & Gabbana last collection may have been a bit of a compilation, but it appears they’ve stepped it up a gear by releasing their first collection aimed at Muslim customers (who like to dress a little more demurely than, say, Scarlett Johannsson). Comprising of a range of abayas and hijabs in its signature colourful prints, the A/W 16/17 collection (named Dolce & Gabbana Abaya) is full of D&G staples; flowers, fruits, polka dots, delicate silk, neutral lace and satin all make an appearance, demonstrating the brand’s classic femininity.

Gisele is the epitome of #NewYearGoals, with her bronzed, toned (but clearly healthy) physique that has made her a phenomenon in the fashion world. But, it has become apparent that to eat like Gisele would be a lot harder than the usual ‘no more chocolate’ promise you make to yourself every year, revealed the Bündchen-Brady family’s private chef: Allen Campbell. “So, 80 per cent of what they eat is vegetables. I buy the freshest vegetables. If it’s not organic, I don’t use it. And whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 per cent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken. As for fish, I mostly cook wild salmon. No white sugar. No white flour. No MSG. I’ll use raw olive oil, but I never cook with olive oil. I only cook with coconut oil. Fats like canola oil turn into trans fats. I use Himalayan pink salt as the sodium. I never use iodised salt. Tom doesn’t eat nightshades, because they’re not anti-inflammatory. So no tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, or eggplants. Tomatoes trickle in every now and then, but just maybe once a month. I’m very cautious about tomatoes. They cause inflammation. What else? No coffee. No caffeine. No fungus. No dairy. The kids eat fruit. Tom, not so much. He will eat bananas in a smoothie. But otherwise, he prefers not to eat fruits.” Well, that’s my shopping list sorted!

Emma Watson is embarking on a new project: creating a feminist book club. She announced on Wednesday the idea (via Twitter, of course), requesting suggestions from her 20.4 million followers on what to call it. In the end she selected ‘Our Shared Shelf’. Could you have come up with a better one? #Emma’sBookClub

whats trending 11 jan 16

Fashion designer André Courrèges has died (confirmed his company in a statement on Friday) after battling Parkinson’s disease for 30 years. Renowned for his futuristic, space age-themed 60s collections (and the creation of the mini skirt) Courrèges retired in the 90s to instead paint and sculpt. The company is now creatively directed by Sebastien Meyer and Arnaud Vaillant, who will showing at Paris Fashion Week this coming February (presumably with a tribute collection?).

David Gandy has launched a new sportswear line for Marks & Spencer, named: The David Gandy for Autograph line. Launching this month, the collection comprises a T-shirt, a hooded jumper, joggers, shorts and a crew neck jumper in premium fabrics and two colourways – navy and grey. “Men want style in all aspects of their life. I wanted to design styles that could be worn pre and post workout, as an extension to my loungewear collection,” said Gandy of the range. This collection could just be the perfect Valentine’s gift for your other half…

An adorable Prince George took a step towards growing up on Wednesday, by having his first day at Westacre Montessori School nursery in Norfolk. Photographed by his mother on the eventful day (not a paparazzo), let’s hope the press leave him alone.

It can’t believe it’s been (almost) a year, but it has. The French President Francois Holland visited a commemorative plaque outside the former offices of Charlie Hebdo ahead of the one-year anniversary of the terrorist attack on Tuesday at the satirical newspaper. #JeSuisCharlie

Did you know…? Sex And The City’s storylines all were actually TRUE. Cynthia Nixon (who played Miranda Hobbes in the HBO series) revealed that, “Even though crazy and outlandish things happen in Sex And The City, fantastical things seemingly, they had a rule in the writer’ room that they couldn’t put anything into an episode that hadn’t literally happened to someone in the writer’s room or someone that they knew first hand. It couldn’t be ‘My father’s brother’s sister’s shoe-repair guy heard once…’ kind of thing – so the physical and sexual things that happened were real tales.” Very interesting indeed…

By India Hunnikin

Related articles:

What’s Trending This Week? 7th January 2016

What’s Trending This Week? 30th December 2015

What’s Trending This Week? 7th December 2015

 

 

 




<< back to News